day 154
The man who should be my husband, Weird Al Yankovic, made one of THE greatest Christmas songs EVER in 1986. I immediately fell in love with the song just as I fell in love with Al on April 21st, 1981 when I saw him on The Late Show with Tom Snyder. It was not a romantic type of love, I mean I was just a little girl for Pete's sake! I just thought, "Wow this dude is pure genius." I still feel that way when I hear Al, it gives me chills because he is amazing.
It took a while for the rest of the free world to embrace Al and all of his weirdness. In fact, some folks still don't get him and that is their loss. They view Al as a man who just writes song parodies but he is so much more than that. His original songs are just as fantastic as his song parodies and Alfred has the Grammies to prove it. Us true ALcoholics don't need that Grammy nonsense to know that our boy is golden. (ALcoholics are what the fan club members are called, I didn't want anyone to worry that I've fallen off the wagon or anything.)

People aren't surprised when I tell them I dig Weird Al. In fact, they've come to suspect it within moments of meeting me. They're more shocked when I tell them I dig Opera or Jazz but when I say "I LOVE WEIRD AL", they smile and nod and respond with "I thought so." In fact many years ago at my place of employment folks dubbed me Weird Alice because they considered my song parodies to be of the caliber of what Weird Al was churning out. I was more than okay with that title.
![]() |
| Besides Tim Tucker and myself, Weird Al is my favorite Vegetarian. |
The hostiles are in for a treat today because it is Al's 51st Birthday and you know what THAT means. Oh yes, yes, it will AL TV all day and Al music blasting all night. Since Al's Birthday falls on a Saturday this year I think I will make a weekend of it because he deserves the honor.
![]() |
| Fan Club Member since 1982 |
Oh I love Weird Al, oh yes I do. If we could merge our talents for just one album, the world would be a happier place. Who knows we might even win an award or two. It could happen.
![]() |
| "I'd like to thank my writing partner, the BEST writing partner in the universe who could not be here tonight to share this honor. She's working on an Apatow film at the moment. . ." |
off to enjoy another sunny, SUNNY day.






No comments:
Post a Comment