9.10.10

Working Class Heroes


day 140
If you are wondering why so many music artists have remade this song then you obviously haven't listened to the lyrics closely. Working Class Hero has always been a favorite of mine because I could identify with the lyrics and because it's just such a good song.
John would have been 70 today, the same age as the man I wish was my father will be next month. Those two men lived very lives and have different views of the world. Different has night and day. The one was radical in his thinking with a creative soul. The other a gentle, easy going man with great wisdom. Both have inspired me in many ways and have been there in spirit when I needed them. Two different men, two working class heroes that I admire and respect.
When I stop to think about them, it makes life in the dump a little more tolerable.
off to enjoy another sunny, SUNNY day.

No comments:

Post a Comment